Everyone knows that housing is the fundamental fundamental right of man. It is the responsibility of the government to ensure that every citizen has a clean and safe house. Most rural families, especially those who are neglected, are unable to construct a good house due to their low income. The Prime Minister’s Housing Scheme Rural (PMAY-G) was constituted on 1 April 2016 by the Government of India with a view to cater to the need of rural housing and especially to solve the housing problem of the poor. This can be seen as an ambitious scheme of the Government of India.
The main objective of this scheme is to provide pucca houses with basic amenities to all homeless families and families living in ravaged and broken houses by the year 2022. And besides this, efforts will be made by PMAY-G to provide support through various government programs for construction of toilets as well as drinking water through pipes, electricity connections, LPG connections etc. So if you still live in a broken or raw house, now your sorrows are going to end. Because now the government is going to give you a firm mark. The government has one objective under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and that is Housing for All i.e. Housing for All.
Goals and objectives of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G):
1) The main objective of this scheme is to provide pucca houses with basic facilities to all the homeless families and families living in raw and broken houses by the year 2022.
2) Under PMAY-G, the Government of India has targeted to construct 2.95 crore houses by the year 2021-2022. The first goal of this scheme is to make 1 crore makan by the year 2019.
3) And with this, efforts will be made to access the necessary resources such as toilets, drinking water through pipes, electricity connections, LPG connections etc. through various government programs to make Maken home.
Θ Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural List 2018- PM Awaas Yojana Gramin List
Θ Urban Prime Minister Housing Scheme List 2018
Salient features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G):
1) To provide assistance in construction of 1 crore houses in rural areas by the year 2019.
2) To provide 5 square meters more construction for the kitchen than before.
3) To increase the assistance to Rs. 70,000 to 1.2 lakhs.
4) Swachh Bharat Mission – Provision of Rs. 1200 for toilets under Rural and MNREGA.
6) Provision of Majduri under MGNREGA for 90-95 days for construction of house.
7) Selection of beneficiaries by BPL card not according to lack of houses and Socio Economic Caste Census, 2011.
8) Apart from money, technical assistance will also be provided in the construction of houses under this scheme.
9) If the beneficiary wishes, he will be helped to get a loan of up to 2 lakh rupees, whose interest rate will also be waived.
10) To coordinate with other government schemes for the provision of basic facilities ie toilets, drinking water, electricity, fuel etc.
11) To make all payments electronically to the bank / post office account of the beneficiaries.
12) The concept of multi-level and multi-agency surveillance has been conceptualized with the use of technology under this scheme. In this, emphasis will be laid on quality and construction of houses on time.
13) A mobile application called “Awaas App” has been developed by which you can get information during the whole process.